It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:13 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:02 pm 
Site Admin

Uru Live KI: 171075
Title: 2011 Camaro 2LT - 312 horsepower - enough to pull YOUR wagon!
Well folks, I'd had quite a lot of fun swapping my CPU between my Main PC and another PC in my house, all because the dual-core AMD CPU I bought wasn't getting along in my games like I'd like with my ATI video card.

<!--sizeo:7--> "font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :green--> "color:green"><!--/ >NO MORE!!!<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

AMD has released a <a href="http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html" target="_blank">Dual-Core Optimizer Driver</a>

Upon download and installation of this driver, all is solved and things are working the way they should. SO! If you have dual-core and are worried at all about gaming performance or you're having gaming performance issues with anything ATI (I think most prefer Nvidia . . but anyways . . .) then the above link is your answer.

Note: Nvidia video cards also have problems with dual-core processors when using drivers that predate the 80-series. (The 80-series were the first Forceware drivers to add dual-core optimizations.)

J'nathus

Last edited by Jnathus on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]