It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:32 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:06 pm 
TCT Member

Anyone else having trouble getting connected to the internet using the newest build? (Fresh install/not using wubi) I have a wired and a wireless connection that normally works well with 7.04. Could there be an update for the new build that I have to wait for? Or is there a way to manually download updates and use a flash drive to upload them to my Ubuntu computer?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:28 pm 
TCT Member

Uru Live KI: 0
Well, most downloadable updates for ubuntu come as *.deb packages. So once the update is available, you should be able to just download it else where (once you know which ones you need), stick them on a flash drive or something, then put them on your 7.10 computer and execute them to install.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:06 pm 
Production Staff

which updates do you need, I never clean my apt cache so I still have all the packages there ;)

------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:41 pm 
TCT Member

Bert_2 wrote:
which updates do you need, I never clean my apt cache so I still have all the packages there ;)

I Found a work around, apparently if you do a dual install with Windows. Windows wants to shut off the net adapter after it shuts down. If you enable "wakeup on lan after shut down", it works fine. There currently isn't a patch on the Ubuntu side to fix this issue.

Thanks for all your help:)

Last edited by curty4christ on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:40 am 
Production Staff

Perhaps someone on the IRC channel can help you, most of the time they have a workaround for that kind of stuff though the people on the wiki and the forum say there isn't one ;)

------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]