It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:39 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:09 pm 
TCT Member

We at The Cavern Today are delighted to bring you our lastest Podcast featuring Alhon as host, wonderful music by Jeff Wise, one of our newest staff members, TCT Talk with Jnathus and Anthony the latest news and a recap of the tragedy in the Cavern in May.

You can get it through iTunes or here:

<a href="http://www.thecaverntoday.com/" target="_blank">CLICK</a>

As with all of our Podcasts, we sincerely hope you enjoy them as much as we do making them.

Proud Member of Safety First 243

<!--sizeo:1--> "font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :red--> "color:red"><!--/ >Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed are my own and do not relect the opinion of any organization of which I am a member.<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:56 am 
TCT Member

Another good epsiode! :)

I liked the recap and the background music fitted very well. The piece of music reflected Scar's tragedy very well, it gave me the chills! :)
I missed a TCT Talk section though... I'd hoped for some talk about "Scars".

As always, I can't wait for the next episode. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:34 am 
Site Admin

Uru Live KI: 171075
Title: 2011 Camaro 2LT - 312 horsepower - enough to pull YOUR wagon!
<! :#FF9900--> "color:#FF9900"><!--/ >TCT Talk is in the works for Podcast 27, so hold on a few more weeks.<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:45 pm 
TCT Member

about TCT Tech. Being a geek myself, I love the banter back and forth, but it's becoming evident that the 3rd platform, the ORIGINAL Myst platform, Mac needs some representation. Especially considering recent developments. I have previous podcasting experience (see below) and all the right equipment, so i submit my name to represent my mac bretheren.

one last thing...

J'nathus, you fanboy! ;)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:09 am 
Site Admin

MTigerV wrote:
J'nathus, you fanboy! ;)

<! :#FF9900--> "color:#FF9900"><!--/ >
Wha Wha WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?! :) Fanboy of what exactly?
<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:06 am 
Producers

Uru Live KI: 174162
Title: The Last Earbender
You know, that's a good point. Now that Uru is finally available on both platforms, we really shouldn't ignore the Mac side of things.

I remember back when all of us were theorizing about why the original Live was shut down, and many fans cited the lack of Mac support, and suggested that many more players could have signed on if only Uru was supported on their Macs.

So now that this is finally possible, I think we owe it to the Mac users to devote some air time to MOUL on the Mac. Between J'nathus and MTigerV, we could probably do justice to the subject.

He he... I'd help if I could, but my Mac happens to be a 1997-vintage Power Computing Mac clone that still runs flawlessly with its 500MHz G3 CPU upgrade.

Mowog

Last edited by Mowog on Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:05 am 
TCT Member

Just messing with ya, J'nathus. :) Although I believe some of your disdain for linux and mac is unfounded, your common sense approach to Vista proves you're not a fanboy.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:46 am 
Site Admin

MTigerV wrote:
Just messing with ya, J'nathus. :) Although I believe some of your disdain for linux and mac is unfounded, your common sense approach to Vista proves you're not a fanboy.
<! :#FF9900--> "color:#FF9900"><!--/ >Mr. Tiger you ARE mistaken. I have NO disdain for Mac and Linux. I've played with Linux years ago when Mandrive was Lycoris and Mandrake (instead of one company). I didn't much like the experience. I know it's better now, but I have no compelling reason to give it a whirl (being the gamer I am). I do OWN a MacBook Pro (Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 100 GB Hard Drive X1600 256 MB), and I do very much like the machine and have been rather converted by the experience. After the iMac update and Leopard's debut, I have full intentions of migrating to a desktop Mac. I think you had me me pegged all wrong. :-) I don't get along great with Finder (I've only had my Mac since last November), but listening to TWiT's (www.twit.tv) MacBreak Weekly, I find the hardcore dedicated Mac users don't seem to much care for it either.

Fanboy . . indeed! [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/innocent.gif[/img] <!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Last edited by Jnathus on Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:35 pm 
Production Staff

Uru Live KI: 0
And there are cool other finders though it can damage your system to change it, there was something about it on one of the macbeack podcasts. (also, the finder has changed a bit in 10.5 if I can trust Steve Jobs's keynote ;) )

------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Bert_2 wrote:
And there are cool other finders though it can damage your system to change it, there was something about it on one of the macbeack podcasts. (also, the finder has changed a bit in 10.5 if I can trust Steve Jobs's keynote ;) )

<! :#FF9900--> "color:#FF9900"><!--/ >
Well, there's Quicksilver and Pathfinder, but I like having all those features integrated right into the OS (which is why I'm waiting for the iMac update and the release of Leopard). Further, I still do a rather well organized hierarchical file setup, so finding stuff isn't usually a problem for me where I do searches. It's usually a program install's library files I'm cleaning out after I decide to remove it. For that, Spotlight does doe the trick.

Last edited by Jnathus on Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:45 pm 
TCT Member

J\'nathus, you know that discussion we were having on pidgin about tech speak around the masses...?

Your track record for hijacking threads and turning them into tech threads is particularly poor in that regard. ;)

Last edited by Narym on Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:54 pm 
TCT Member

Jnathus wrote:
<! :#FF9900--> "color:#FF9900"><!--/ >Mr. Tiger you ARE mistaken. I have NO disdain for Mac and Linux. I've played with Linux years ago when Mandrive was Lycoris and Mandrake (instead of one company). I didn't much like the experience. I know it's better now, but I have no compelling reason to give it a whirl (being the gamer I am). I do OWN a MacBook Pro (Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 100 GB Hard Drive X1600 256 MB), and I do very much like the machine and have been rather converted by the experience. After the iMac update and Leopard's debut, I have full intentions of migrating to a desktop Mac. I think you had me me pegged all wrong. :-) I don't get along great with Finder (I've only had my Mac since last November), but listening to TWiT's (www.twit.tv) MacBreak Weekly, I find the hardcore dedicated Mac users don't seem to much care for it either.

Fanboy . . indeed! [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/innocent.gif[/img] <!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

my apologies then.

And dont worry, everybody hates finder :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:44 pm 
Site Admin

Narym wrote:
You're track record for hijacking threads and turning them into tech threads is particularly poor in that regard. ;)

<! :#FF9900--> "color:#FF9900"><!--/ > Ah yes, but Mr. Tiger challenged me, and I simply cannot back down from such a challenge... especially when he has formed an incorrect opinion. I do not fear a negative impression people might have of me. Upon formation of said negative impression, I wish to make certain I have properly earned that distinction.

About hijacking, I think this thread had served its purpose, so it is late in the day for a hijack. Also, it is important to note that the 'hijack' was in response to interaction that was in response to the podcast, whose advertisement was this thread's purpose. By inverse or perhaps transverse comparison, you'll easily decipher that a hijack this indeed was not, but simply a proper extension of our continuing positive interaction with our internal (and potentially external) fan base. [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Last edited by Jnathus on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:30 pm 
TCT Member

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><! :#FF9900--> "color:#FF9900"><!--/ > Ah yes, but Mr. Tiger challenged me, and I simply cannot back down from such a challenge... especially when he has formed an incorrect opinion. I do not fear a negative impression people might have of me. Upon formation of said negative impression, I wish to make certain I have properly earned that distinction.

About hijacking, I think this thread had served its purpose, so it is late in the day for a hijack. Also, it is important to note that the \'hijack\' was in response to interaction that was in response to the podcast, whose advertisement was this thread\'s purpose. By inverse or perhaps transverse comparison, you\'ll easily decipher that a hijack this indeed was not, but simply a proper extension of our continuing positive interaction with our internal (and potentially external) fan base. [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Now.... try saying that ten times fast!!! [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Last edited by Narym on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]