It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:10 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:34 pm 
TCT Member

We at TCT don't always take ourselves too seriously and this month's Podcast certainly makes that abundantly clear.

The 'cast has a rich assortment of "lightness" and if you have missed out on the "Scars" episode or "A New Light" of MystOnline, our panel on the TCT Talk segment of this Podcast will definitely bring you up to date. Dalken Starbyne has an excellent news segment, Shaeri has a "Thought for the Podcast," another wonderful musical piece "Ercana" by our own Jeff Wise, a new thrilling episode of the serial "Journey of the Called" with great sound effects by Donahoo and more!

You can download here:

<a href="http://www.thecaverntoday.com/" target="_blank">CLICK FOR DOWNLOAD</a>

Podcast 27 is also available from iTunes

As with all our Podcasts, we sincerely hope you enjoy them as much as we do bringing them to you...our listening audience. :)

Proud Member of Safety First 243

<!--sizeo:1--> "font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :red--> "color:red"><!--/ >Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed are my own and do not relect the opinion of any organization of which I am a member.<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Last edited by essjay on Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:54 am 
TCT Member

Downloading now...

erm, does that image remind anyone else of "Cocoon (Film 1985)" or is it just me? lol
(Heres a link to a Trailer <a href="http://www.ifilm.com/video/2313319)" target="_blank">http://www.ifilm.com/video/2313319)</a>

looking foward to hearing it as always

Last edited by Dean on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:05 am 
TCT Member

Uru Live KI: 113405
Oy, another long one... this might take a while!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:03 am 
TCT Member

I listened to the Podcast during work today... enjoyed it as usual & Love TCT Talk [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Keep up the good work everyone!

D'ean

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:55 am 
TCT Member

Great podcast again! I was listening to TCT Talk on the couch, and the rest of the family was constantly wondering what I was laughing about all the time. [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:09 am 
Producers

Uru Live KI: 174162
Title: The Last Earbender
Erik and D'ean --

I'm really glad you guys liked TCT Talk! It's actually one of the more challenging features to produce, since the "script" is only a list of topics, and we ad-lib most of the content. That's not always easy. Besides, I'm always left with the misgiving that what's funny to us might not be funny to the majority of our listeners; in addition, I always go into these "live" features hoping that I'll be quick enough to "improv" well, and be entertaining as well as informative. I hate to think of snappy comebacks after the recording's all done.

So it's a relief to know that somebody's enjoying it! The whole idea is to make it all sound natural and unscripted, which for the most part it is. It's also great practice for us, in that we're learning to be more and more at ease in front of our microphones.

Cheers,

Mowog

Last edited by Mowog on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:56 am 
Production Staff

Uru Live KI: 0
Title: Owns Seven Copies of Riven
Mowog wrote:
Erik and D'ean --

I'm really glad you guys liked TCT Talk! It's actually one of the more challenging features to produce, since the "script" is only a list of topics, and we ad-lib most of the content. That's not always easy. Besides, I'm always left with the misgiving that what's funny to us might not be funny to the majority of our listeners; in addition, I always go into these "live" features hoping that I'll be quick enough to "improv" well, and be entertaining as well as informative. I hate to think of snappy comebacks after the recording's all done.

So it's a relief to know that somebody's enjoying it! The whole idea is to make it all sound natural and unscripted, which for the most part it is. It's also great practice for us, in that we're learning to be more and more at ease in front of our microphones.

Cheers,

Mowog

The TCT talk is usually my favorite segment. I work a lot, and tend to miss most of the events that happen in The Cavern, and listening to TCT talk makes me feel as though I'm just hanging around with you guys discussing the events in the cavern and getting caught up. Maybe it's just me, but I picture sitting around in a coffee house and just having a friendly conversatin about Uru with you all, even if I'm not actually doing the talking.

because of the unscripted and improvised nature of TCT Talk, you are able to create this effect, and that's part of what I really enjoy. Besides, I usually listen to Podcasts at work, and I prefer longer ones so that I have more to listen to and keep my entertained. TCT Talk always ensures a nice long episode. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:31 am 
Producers

Uru Live KI: 174162
Title: The Last Earbender
Thanks Jeff, that's really reassuring! The "coffee house" effect is exactly what we're shooting for with TCT Talk, and it is truly cool to know that you perceive it that way.

We kind of like when they run long too, as long as we can fill them with good, solid information. And that's a challenge I didn't mention above; keeping things on track. It's not hard at all to take off on some silly tangent, and we make a conscious effort to avoid that. We don't always succeed; if you ever hear Shaeri call out, "Chipmunk Hole!", it means we've gotten lost again. Some of the random silliness gets edited out, but some gets left in as well, if it adds something to the piece.

We also try to avoid spoilers, and any inadvertent slips are edited out.

I've only been in on the last two TCT Talk installments, but I hope to become a regular participant. IMHO, the segment comes closest to our overall purpose; bringing news and entertainment to the Uru fanbase.

Mowog

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:07 pm 
TCT Member

I just think we shouldn't let Shae'ri steer the boat at all! ;)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:12 pm 
Producers

Uru Live KI: 48632
Title: Aesthetics Guy
I just wanted to point out that there was in fact a slight error in the podcast.
In the closing statements, Mowog incorrectly stated that Montgomery had read aloud the open letter when in fact I did.
It's no biggie, but I would certainly appreciate the credit still, wouldn't you? [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/original.gif[/img]

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Uru Live KI: 171075
Title: 2011 Camaro 2LT - 312 horsepower - enough to pull YOUR wagon!
Maurus wrote:
It's no biggie, but I would certainly appreciate the credit still, wouldn't you? [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/original.gif[/img]
<! :#FF9900--> "color:#FF9900"><!--/ ><!--sizeo:4--> "font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->NO!!! No credit for you!!!<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec-->

Yes, we know there was a slight mess up there. The goal for the next podcast will be to have all of the staff members' names correctly reflected in the storyboard so that whoever scripts the credits will get those things correct. So . . . you want to be credited next time, make sure your name is in the storyboard, or I will have no choice but to remind you again.

You have been warned. [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/stuart.gif[/img] <!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:23 pm 
Producers

Uru Live KI: 48632
Title: Aesthetics Guy
Oh no, I don't want "The" J'nathus on my back, do I? [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/shifty.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laughing.gif[/img] What was the deal with that, anyway...?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:52 pm 
TCT Member

it's a bit of an in-joke...

basically, when J'nathus wants to get a bit egotistical (ie most of the time) he reverts to 'The' J'nathus.

Go figure

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]