It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:33 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:32 pm 
TCT Member

TCT presents it's final Podcast 32 "Myst Online Signs Off".

With Maurus as host, this epic cast (it's very very long!) has the news with Narym, two amazing musical pieces...from Jeff Wise "To All The Stories Left Untold..." and from Mowog "Great Central" (sung by Mowog!) There's a no holds barred TCT Talk, Mowog's Thought for the Pod, Sh'aeri's "That's Just Me of Course," and more!

You can get the download here:

<a href="http://www.thecaverntoday.org/" target="_blank">CLICK FOR DOWNLOAD</a>

The Podcast is also available on iTunes.

If you have trouble with the download at the webpage, right click with your mouse and click save as and then open it with the Media Player of your choice.

The Staff at The Cavern Today would like to thank all our listeners. It has been our pleasure to presents these 32 Podcasts to you and we all hope you have enjoyed them as much as we have bringing them to you.

Proud Member of Safety First 243

<!--sizeo:1--> "font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :red--> "color:red"><!--/ >Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed are my own and do not relect the opinion of any organization of which I am a member.<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:38 pm 
TCT Member

I just have to say thankyou for all the wonderful podcasts over the years. Having a little slice of the cavern I could plug into while going about my day to day life brought Uru to life just that little bit more. You've all done a wonderful job and a great service to the community.

This last episode especially was fitting. I listened to this at home on my computer for once and I'm glad I did, those last ten or twenty minutes nearly brought a tear to my eye.

Even if Cyan doesn't give us any closure now it doesn't matter, TCT already has.

Thankyou for sharing your journeys and making ours that little bit better

Oh and...

<!--sizeo:7--> "font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Bravo.<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec-->

Last edited by dcos on Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:47 am 
TCT Member

Uru Live KI: 0
Only Nearly???!!! [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/img] Well, we obviously didn't do a good enough job then ;)

Stick around, though. TCT certainly isn't down and out just yet. We'll tell you things as we work out things ;)

In the mean time, go read the Archiver ;)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:15 am 
Producers

Uru Live KI: 174162
Title: The Last Earbender
dcos --

Thanks so much for the nice words! TCT is obviously a labor of love for all of us, and it means a lot to hear that we're reaching an appreciative audience.

Mowog

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

Uru Live KI: 171075
Title: 2011 Camaro 2LT - 312 horsepower - enough to pull YOUR wagon!
dcos wrote:
I just have to say thankyou for all the wonderful podcasts over the years. Having a little slice of the cavern I could plug into while going about my day to day life brought Uru to life just that little bit more. You've all done a wonderful job and a great service to the community.
<! :#FF9900--> "color:#FF9900"><!--/ >Thanks Dcos for those kind words. As the guy who's been twisting staffers' arms for the better part of a year or so, it is always good to know their pain hasn't been in vane. :)

Having said that, TCT is bound to carry on in one form or another *wink wink* . . . so stay tuned. <!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Last edited by Jnathus on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:56 pm 
TCT Member

ahem....

*pokes J'nathus

*whisper* it's spelt vain. You've spelt it like weathervane.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:54 am 
Producers

Oh, please don't let it end like this! I can't take the conflict!

;)

By the way, do you know what "whaehter" is?

A bad spell of weather.

Carry on,

Mowog

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:43 am 
TCT Member

:shock:
I would like to give you my thoughts on the latest podcast. First of all, both the content and the quality were excellent. The most critical thing I would have to say is that is was truly depressing. I felt like crying the whole time while listening to it. This was primarily because it would be your last. Hopefully this is only temporary. As much as I am aware that we all have are own views and feelings about the closing of Uru, I don’t belive that you should stop the podcast. Saying goodbye to the Cavern and all it’s beauty cannot be replaced by cheap imitations like There.com and Second Life. No matter how they try and what people build there, it will never be as beautiful as Uru. I for myself, and because I have no choice, by myself will continue to visit the cavern for solace and inspiration. Why can’t the podcasts continue the story that has begun? Why end everything? I’m not saying I won’t go to There & SL to see old friends and to talk with them but why do we have to stop the story? Are all the websites going to shut down too? For years before Uru existed there were fan sites about Myst. There was also Fan related stories. I even remember someone creating a web based game that led to Dni! People are doing Fan based original Star Trek episodes. Why does TCT have to end? Eventually I would have even wanted to contribute to it. Please don’t let it end!!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:46 pm 
TCT Member

Every ending is also a new beginning. TCT is not going anywhere our uru exploits may be over but the podcast will be sticking around covering cyan, the d'niverse, and what ever else might interest the community and should uru ever return we will be right there.

Edit: Oh and be sure to catch our last incavern project, the coverage of the St. Patties Day Parade.

Last edited by Anthony on Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:50 pm 
Producers

Fortunately, although our initial thought was to wrap up TCT when the Cavern closed, there has been such an outpouring of enthusiasm that our future's looking pretty bright. We'll most likely change the title of the program; "The Cavern Today - Topside" has been suggested, along with "TCT Exiles" and the like. We've even been discussing some story lines built on the concept that we're Uru explorers who are having to find our way to new adventures now that the Cavern's closed.

So take heart! We're not going away. We don't know exactly what we're going to do yet, but enough of us will still be around to keep the magic alive. And perhaps it may even be better, who knows! We've gotten some valuable experience doing TCT, and we're looking forward to using that experience in different ways. But it will always be about the Cavern!

Cheers,

Mowog

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:57 pm 
TCT Member

Thank You All!!!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:20 pm 
TCT Member

I never played Uru Live. I haven't even completely played Uru. I know about it all, and I was really sad when I heard this podcast. I was sad that the Uru community, even though I had never been in it, and TCT were both leaving. I bawled like a baby when I heard the exiting segment when everybody was packing up. I'm really going to miss this podcast. You are all such amazing people. Thanks for giving us the great podcast while it lasted.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:24 pm 
TCT Member

Read the above posts.

We're perhaps not as gone as you think ;)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:30 pm 
Site Admin

Uru Live KI: 171075
Title: 2011 Camaro 2LT - 312 horsepower - enough to pull YOUR wagon!
<! :#FF9900--> "color:#FF9900"><!--/ >To add an IC interpretation:

I think that The Cavern Today staff have simply moved our offices out of the cavern and are going to do a bit of regrouping, think-tanking and reorganization to figure out how to proceed forward in a Myst Online URU Live-less world.

It's not impossible that URU might have another breath or gasp of life either.
<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:36 pm 
TCT Member

That's so awesome. Thanks so much guys.
:)

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next