It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:13 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:00 am 
TCT News Bot

The Cavern Today is proud to present to you Topside 4: Indefinitely MORE. Today we discuss the indefinite postponement of MORE and the likelyhood of it ever being released. Also we hit the lastest in the Myst movie, iMyst and just how Uru might have gone differently. So enough talking, enjoy the Podcast.

<a href="http://www.thecaverntoday.org/?go=pod36" target="_blank">http://www.thecaverntoday.org/?go=pod36</a>

Last edited by B-4 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:12 pm 
TCT Member

My iTunes is having problems downloading this one... never happened before... Problem appears to be this: the error iTunes gives me is:

"There was a problem downloading "Topside 4: Indefinitely MORE". The URL "http://www.thecaverntoday.org/TheCavernToday/Topside_06.mp3" could not be found on the server."

I'm no podcast expert, but surely that URL should be Topside_04? :P

These podcasts are without a doubt the monthly highlight of my commute to/from work (that's my chance to listen to them!), so, if it's not to much trouble and when you've got a moment, could you fix this?

Thanks! :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:01 pm 
Site Admin

Uru Live KI: 171075
Title: 2011 Camaro 2LT - 312 horsepower - enough to pull YOUR wagon!
Islander wrote:
I'm no podcast expert, but surely that URL should be Topside_04? :P

These podcasts are without a doubt the monthly highlight of my commute to/from work (that's my chance to listen to them!), so, if it's not to much trouble and when you've got a moment, could you fix this?
<! :#FF8C00--> "color:#FF8C00"><!--/ >refresh your iTunes... it should be fixed. :)

Thanks for letting us know.
<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:43 pm 
TCT Member

I will get on to spreading this around in the morning. It is late actually early 1:44 am. Good night

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

Szark wrote:
I will get on to spreading this around in the morning. It is late actually early 1:44 am. Good night
<! :#FF8C00--> "color:#FF8C00"><!--/ > Thanks Szark, that'll be fine.<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:08 am 
TCT Member

There you go all done now I can relax and listen to it.
Szark

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:27 am 
TCT Member

Nice comment on the <a href="http://forums.guildofgreeters.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=14871&view=findpost&p=231029" target="_blank">GoG Forum</a>

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:53 pm 
TCT Member

Uru Live KI: 3732175
Well done, all, albeit sad news.

If only...if only.... :(

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:03 pm 
Producers

Uru Live KI: 174162
Title: The Last Earbender
We're on the MOUL forums too:

<a href="http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16566" target="_blank">http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16566</a>

Mowog

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

<! :#FF8C00--> "color:#FF8C00"><!--/ >I weighed in there. I notice the community doesn't like our 'negative' view of Cyan. I like Calam's response: <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry, but no thanks. Uru is a game. . .

. . . If it's on hold, then I'm going to treat it like it's been canned. I check the forums on occasion because it still interests me . . .

. . . Should I sit around being enthusiastic for another year in hopes of something I have no guarantee will happen in another year? And then what? We get an announcement that Cyan has picked it up again. Which will be followed by another 6 months of silence with the occasional blurb by a Cyan employee on how little progress they've made.

. . . Each period of waiting has been followed up by bigger and bigger disappointments . . .

Enough is enough. Goodbye, Uru.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Very pessimistic, but very in line with my appraisal, although one would detect a sense of blame on those statements, I instead assume it's just a 'wrong product at the wrong time' kind of thing. With today's economic climate there's a LOT of that going around . . . in many places it's in markets that are well established.

There will be positive content worth hearing in Topside 5. I'll make a concerted effort not to let my pessimism infect the mood of our holiday podcast. I'm sorry the community didn't like our take on things. There are some twists and some bright sides to be had in the next podcast.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:16 am 
TCT Member

Jnathus wrote:
<! :#FF8C00--> "color:#FF8C00"><!--/ >I weighed in there. I notice the community doesn't like our 'negative' view of Cyan. I like Calam's response:

Very pessimistic, but very in line with my appraisal, although one would detect a sense of blame on those statements, I instead assume it's just a 'wrong product at the wrong time' kind of thing. With today's economic climate there's a LOT of that going around . . . in many places it's in markets that are well established.

There will be positive content worth hearing in Topside 5. I'll make a concerted effort not to let my pessimism infect the mood of our holiday podcast. I'm sorry the community didn't like our take on things. There are some twists and some bright sides to be had in the next podcast.

What's going on? I read the thread but i have not read the entire site :o

(I feel a sad feeling in my stomach)

It deserves it's own show: Priceless homes of America

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:58 am 
TCT Member

I...for myself....don't need or want....

A shoot to kill game.....

I just enjoy the laid back, how are ya, have a nice day, kind of game.....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:21 am 
Producers

Uru Live KI: 174162
Title: The Last Earbender
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I...for myself....don't need or want....

I just enjoy the laid back, how are ya, have a nice day, kind of game.....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Right on, Gandhar. I think a lot of us feel the same way. Even though Uru was built around a collaborative community, there's still enough of the solo Myst feeling that I still like to drop in and just spend time in the Cavern and Ages, lonely though they may be.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!!

Mowog

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:30 am 
Site Admin

Gandhar wrote:
I...for myself....don't need or want....

I just enjoy the laid back, how are ya, have a nice day, kind of game.....
<! :#FF8C00--> "color:#FF8C00"><!--/ > What you want and what you need are always separate prerogatives. I understand plenty of people may not be interested in that kind of game. However, games like World of Warcraft offer all manner of things to all manner of people and thereby isn't really ONE kind of game, which is that I think lends itself to its particularly large amount of appeal (and it's not really a 'shooter' per se).

I'm not sure there are a lot of 'how are ya, have a nice day' kind of games . . . I mean, there's always some kind of conflict. I can't think of a Myst game that qualifies . . . Myst, Riven, Exile, Revelation, End of Ages... URU even had some 'death of innocents,' which I find a bit more egregious than the death of a combatant in a war game or in a MMORPG OR in a MP deathmatch.

The 'game simulating social environment' game like Second Life (if it can even be called a game) has a ton of shall we say 'questionable' content which might negate the 'have a nice day' ideal.

So, while not arguing this too fervently... What game is a "have a nice day" kind of game? Even the most cartoonish games I can think of actually have a good amount of destruction, violence and / or conflict involved.

Last edited by Jnathus on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:12 am 
TCT Member

From what I gather the podcast you do is news, information and opinion/discussion on items. If you feel negative about an issue so be it, don't be afraid to portray that then bow to the wishes of those who'd rather sweep over it and pretend everything is alright.

In regards to your discussions regarding Exile and Rev. Those games belong to Ubisoft not Cyan, so they won't be coming back to Cyan. Cyan gave permission for Ubi to make those games, those are the "rights" that were apparently set to return to Cyan in 2008, however the games remained Ubi's.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next