It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:04 pm 
TCT Member

<!--sizeo:11--> "font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :green--> "color:green"><!--/ >"COME HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS" ...ONLY 10 DAYS LEFT FOR THE SECOND ANNUAL TAPESTRY SHARD CHRISTMAS PARTY!!<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

<!--sizeo:8--> "font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :green--> "color:green"><!--/ >Plans for this gala event are shaping up nicely. Everyone on the committee has worked hard and has done a great job. Image We will continue with plans to make this a joyous and fun event for the entire community.

So far we've had two parade practices and they went well. As has been said, there will be another practice tonight at 8:30pm EST on the Event Shard and another this afternoon at 3pm EST for those with time zone problems. I'm calling another practice for Saturday at 3pm EST so that the entire compliment of reindeer and elves can be present for a dress rehersal. Please be in costume as we will attempt to do a video promo and take pictures of the group along with Santa. During Tuesday afternoons practice we timed the parade with the music that will be played and found that the parade was too short. So a slight change has been made in the route to allow for more time. We will go over that during practice this afternoon and tonight.<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec-->

<! :red--> "color:red"><!--/ >So far a few talented people from our UU community have volunteered to entertain us with their musical talent: HannaGertie....Mateus....D'Lanor.....AnubisSL5....Arclife....Mowog....wheeliewarriors granddaughter Mea.....We hope more from the community would be willing to sing or play Christmas Songs for us. A special TeamSpeak channel will be set up for UU entertainers. Please let us know if you would be willing to pre-record or entertain Live. We welcome Carols sung by families and those who would like to sing in their native language.<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

<! :green--> "color:green"><!--/ >If anyone would like to help us as photographers or take videos, please let us know....We could very much use your help.

Invites to this wonderful event have been sent to Cyan and it's been confirmed that they have received them and were discussing the possibility of attending. I sent email invites to GreyDragon, Chip, RAWA and Rand. I received a reply from RAWA saying that he would make his best attempt to attend. Let's hope many of the staff will join us. I know I don't have to remind everyone to be polite and treat any Cyanists with the same respect we would afford each other......Let's enjoy each others company and have fun at the party.....

The Event Shard vault will be wiped five days prior to the party. You will need to create new avies and get your first two sets of markers. Make sure you get your comp ready so decrease any lag or crashes. Defrag....Delete vnode cache...run a Spybot and AdAware....shut down any unnecessary programs...etc.....During the parade all city nexus links will be disabled so not to cause lag to Santa and his reindeer during the parade. Following the parade the links will be once again enabled. Several party hoods will be set up including an empty hood for those who experience lag and crashes. The suggestion is to fill one hood at a time and then move to other hoods. Hood hopping to visit each other is welcomed and encouraged. If you don't have TeamSpeak please try to install it as all music and conversation will be through TS. The Modificator from the German Reallife Shard has graciously volunteered to coordinate the playing of the live and recorded entertainers. Eric has suggested piping in the music which I think is a good idea for the parade music. We will be discussing that.

A meeting of the party planning committed has been called for Monday night at 9pm EST in the hood on the Event Shard. As this will be the last and most important meeting, I hope everyone will plan to be there. Anyone who wishes to attend the meeting and offer help or suggestions is most welcomed and appreciated.

So come on everyone get ready and lets make this another great inter-shard event. <!--colorc--> <!--/colorc--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]