It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:47 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:12 pm 
Production Staff

FROM: <a href="http://www.cyanworlds.com/view.php?xml=cam_goodbye.xml" target="_blank">Cyan Worlds Cam Page</a>

This appeared on GreyDragon's website this morning. Cyan Worlds now consists of Rand and Ryan [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

This is a very very sad day.

FROM: <a href="http://www.thegreydragon.com/2005/09/time-of-your-life-almost-all-of-cyan.html" target="_blank">http://www.thegreydragon.com/2005/09/time-...ll-of-cyan.html</a>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Friday, September 02, 2005
Time of your life

Almost all of Cyan Worlds, Inc. was laid off today, including me. I know with the talent we have here people will find new places to go and do great things. It’s sad to see a company with such talented people to basicly expire. I don’t blame anyone for it happening. So today we had a company meeting in which Rand said some kind final words. Then we had a hamburger and goodbye gathering. Over the last few weeks leading to this point many of us had the hope that something would come up, but it didn’t happen. I will try to stay in Spokane as long as I can. I got some really good things going for me right now here and I hate to see that just dust in the wind.

So, as Green Days Time of Your life is playing on the company intercom system.

“Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.â€

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:44 pm 
TCT Member

Its just been a bad day all week this week, just that kind of a week.

Hopefully tides and lake water will turn soon [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:37 pm 
TCT Member

[img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
Very sad news!
But Until Uru will stay!
See <a href="http://www.uruobsession.com/?page=CyanFAQ" target="_blank"><! :blue--> "color:blue"><!--/ >Cyan FAQ<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc--></a>

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:24 am 
TCT Member

Any idea about the source of those answers Verulan? I did read that yesterday. Maybe I should just read the forum as well but was just to sad.

<! :green--> "color:green"><!--/ ><!--fonto:Times--> "font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:1--> "font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Ask not what UU can do for you. Ask what you can do for UU!<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc--><!--fontc--> <!--/fontc-->
ja_deuu--skype
<! :red--> "color:red"><!--/ >Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed are my own and do not relect the opinion of any organization of which I am a member.<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:53 pm 
TCT Member

:) I'd read on another forum, Slackers I believe that Kagi Keys were no longer being give out, so I went over to the Cyan link for UU and found on the Kagi link "this site down temporarily for maintenance" which really bummed me out. Then I saw this on UO forums from chip:

<a href="http://www.uruobsession.com/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=89&t=21091&st=0&#entry357242" target="_blank">CLICK</a>

Proud Member of Safety First 243

<!--sizeo:1--> "font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :red--> "color:red"><!--/ >Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed are my own and do not relect the opinion of any organization of which I am a member.<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:44 pm 
Production Staff

Chip rocks!! But we knew that :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:00 pm 
TCT Member

:)
A good initiative from Myst Embassy. Let us all write a letter to Ubisoft.
You can find a generic letter <a href="http://www.mystembassy.net/letter-to-ubi.pdf" target="_blank"><! :red--> "color:red"><!--/ >HERE<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc--></a>.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:59 pm 
Producers

Uru Live KI: 174162
Title: The Last Earbender
For what it's worth, I just posted the following on GreyDragon's blog. I was one of a great many who posted, expressing our sorrow and disappointment:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->One of the most painful things about reading this list of comments is to look at all the names, and to see many, many friends. Friends with whom I've explored the Cavern and Ages, friends with whom I've chatted and discussed issues in the forums... FRIENDS.

And the amazing thing is, if I were to find myself in a room with all these good folks, we'd be absolute and utter strangers. It's only through the magic of Cyan's worlds that we've been drawn together, and have met in a global embrace.

Many of you can trace your love of Cyan back to Myst; I go well before that, to the original Manhole. I was a convert from the moment I clicked that manhole cover on my little black-and-white Mac screen, heard the scraping sound, and watched the beanstalk emerge and climb heavenwards.

And who could have had the slightest inkling at the time where that beanstalk would lead?

What an amazing ride it's been. Each new title meant evenings immersed in beauty, mystery, good and evil; getting up early on Saturday morning and powering up the computer to try another approach I thought of while I wasn't quite awake.

I joined the Uru forum on May 10th of '03 before Uru even shipped, and joined many of you in speculating what this new shared adventure could be like. And Uru -- amazing Uru -- even with its flaws, just blew our socks off. I was elated, and rejoiced with so many others. And I was there until the last moment when the servers were shut down on Live. Now there's Until Uru, and the community has risen again...

But it hurts to know that the vision that gave us such amazing new worlds; all these new ways to see life; can all be brought down by such a vulgar thing as the lack of money. Unfortunately, business is business. But at the same time, dreams are dreams... and having to be subject to the cruelties of business just to bring our dreams alive is a bitter, bitter irony.

Especially when they fail.

Godspeed, Cyan.

Shorah B'shemtee.

Mowog<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:44 am 
TCT Member

Here's another shot at Cyan Worlds.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:22 am 
Production Staff

Awesome! Thanks for posting that!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:31 am 
Producers

Wow... so Attex and I are both incorrigible geeks. I've located Cyan's headquarters several times in the past using maps.google.com, and more lately Google Earth.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:51 pm 
TCT Member

what are the co-ordinates i have never been able to find it

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:37 am 
Producers

<!--QuoteBegin-stevecrox+Sep 6 2005, 05:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stevecrox @ Sep 6 2005, 05:51 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->what are the co-ordinates i have never been able to find it
<div align='right'><a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=248"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Look at the bottom of the aerial photo and you'll find the lat/long numbers.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]