It is currently Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:49 pm 
TCT Member

Hey awesome TCT folks!! Just wanted to tip you off, it should be hitting the various fora pretty soon, but the Choir is having its holiday concert on December 16, 2pm EST / 6pm GMT. More info at <a href="http://linguists.bahro.com/domahreh/cavernchoir" target="_blank">http://linguists.bahro.com/domahreh/cavernchoir</a>. One neat thing we're implementing this time around, we have a ticket order form on the website. We'll be holding the IC concert in Eder Delin as a series of performances, with audience restricted to around 25 per performance (4 perfs total). It'll help control lag and such, which was a problem last time, but it will also be a neat "just like in real life" concertgoing experience.

Of course, would love to get a mention in one of your various media outlets. :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:04 pm 
TCT Member

Uru Live KI: 0
Awesome!! Well, you should get a mention in The Archiver, which should be hitting newstands in the next couple of weeks (probably earlier rather than later :))

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:40 am 
TCT Member

A plea for assistance:

GameBoomer's Bevin has been amazingly hospitable in letting us use their Delin for Sunday's concert, and providing us with some great ushers to help the event go as smoothly as possible. One of the tasks we wanted to have the ushers help us out with was In-Cavern broadcasting thru KI voice chat. We have the method all worked out (IC broadcaster parks him/herself in front of a big tree so as to cut out all visual information that would eat up bandwidth, switches their system audio record settings to Wave Out Mix, swtiches Uru ambient sound off, loads up the Choir audio files which they'll receive beforehand, hits play, and holds the Tab key). But the ushers are afraid of the technology and reluctant to help out on this one. So I'm hoping that, since TCT people are really good with audio, that one or two of you would be available (Sunday 2pm-5pm EST / 7pm-10pm GMT) to assist with this task. PLEASE let me know ASAP if you can!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:44 pm 
TCT Member

Sounds simple enough. We used to have that type system used all the time in the UU days. You might want to offer a alternative way to get the music though as not every one even today plays well with voice chat and they might wish to listen too. TS has always been good.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:06 pm 
TCT Member

Uru Live KI: 0
I have no real experience with streaming audio, so I can't really help out that much....

anyone else?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:06 pm 
TCT Member

Its real easy Narym just changing a few settings in the sound pannel I've done it many times during the UU days.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:00 pm 
TCT Member

Lord Chaos is going to broadcast the concert.

Visit my <a href="http://www.anthology-email.net/" target="_blank">Anthology of E-mails </a> Web site.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]