It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:05 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:34 am 
TCT Member

Because the Cavern Today broadcasts reach so many people, I'm posting this full list here, and I'll keep it up to date as I get info. Eventually I'd like to quit posting it everywhere, and just maintain it here. Seems like the Short Wave is the way to go.

===========

The Intershard Ecumensim Society is about encouraging people to visit all shards. One way to do this is to move events around from shard to shard. I'm not sure how effective that would be because in my experience it takes a few repetitions to get an event going. With a schedule published in advance it might work.

The simpler way is to make sure everyone knows about regular shard events. Here's a list of all the weekly events I know of. One-off events tend to have their own advertising, but the regular ones sometimes get lost and forgotten.

If you know of an event that's not on this list, please post it here and we'll add it.

<!--sizeo:12--> "font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :orangered--> "color:orangered"><!--/ >Weekly events:<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

<!--sizeo:7--> "font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :darkblue--> "color:darkblue"><!--/ >Mondays 6:00 PM Pacific on Alpha Blue: Chocolate Night, in the Chocolatier Neighborhood.
Meet with other chocolate fans to indulge and share recipes<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec-->

<! :green--> "color:green"><!--/ >Wednesdays 1:00 PM Pacific on Guild of Greeters, "Threads of D'ni" for anyone interested in quilting and sewing arts. They serve refreshments. Presented by Budgiemom and Ghaelen. Look for the special neighborhood.

Wednesdays 5:00 PM Pacific on OvOasis: Laundry Night, in the Laundromat Neighborhood.
Keep your outfits looking good while visiting with the neighbors. Sometimes music on Teamspeak.<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

<! :deeppink--> "color:deeppink"><!--/ >Thursdays 6:00 PM Pacific on Tapestry: Happy Hour, in the Ae'gura Kahlo Pub (sponsored by Tapestry Activities Guild)
Music on Teamspeak, conversation, interesting drinks, sometimes food<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

<! :red--> "color:red"><!--/ >Fridays 5:30 PM Pacific on Desert: Desert Party. Shadowdude runs this, and will send you an invitation through the shard's Vault so that you can get to the Cleft. Note that he has been busy of late, but hopes to resume regular parties.<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

<! :brown--> "color:brown"><!--/ >Saturdays 1:00 PM Pacific on Slackers: Comedy presentations in the Blue Neighborhood. (check Slackers "Blue Neighborhood" forum to confirm)
What else? Comedy!<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

<! :darkgoldenrod--> "color:darkgoldenrod"><!--/ >Sundays 12:00 noon Pacific on The Meeting Place: "A weekly gathering each Sunday at 8pm GMT / UTC. There's no specific theme, generally we'll go off and do something though in a given age. Varies from week to week!" (in Gav's own words)

Sundays 6:30 PM Pacific on Slackers: Comedy Night in the Blue Neighborhood. (Check the Slackers "Blue Neighborhood" forum)
Comedy...<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

<!--sizeo:12--> "font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :orangered--> "color:orangered"><!--/ >Biweekly events:<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

<!--sizeo:7--> "font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :darkcyan--> "color:darkcyan"><!--/ >Tuesdays 6:00 PM Pacific on different shards: Ladies' Garden Club. See the schedule here: <a href="http://forum.urutapestry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1639" target="_blank">http://forum.urutapestry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1639</a>. <!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

<!--sizeo:7--> "font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :red--> "color:red"><!--/ >Fridays 6:00 PM Pacific on Tapestry: Studio D'ni (every other Friday, December 30, January 13, Jan 27, etc) in Kadish Gallery (sponsored by TAG)
Current music on Teamspeak, dancing, conversation

Fridays 6:00 PM Pacific on Great Tree: Up On the Roof! (alternates with Studio D'ni, January 6, Jan 20, February 3, etc) on Tokotah Rooftop (sponsored by Intershard Ecumenism Society)
Eclectic music on Teamspeak, philosophy, dancing, food and drink

Fridays 6:00 PM Pacific on Tapestry, Uru Obsession neighborhood: Myst Discussion Night. January 20th and every two weeks thereafter.
Discussion of all Myst topics, led by Anthony. If you have a question, post it on the Uru Obsession forum thread.<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

<!--sizeo:12--> "font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :orangered--> "color:orangered"><!--/ >Monthly events:<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

<! :brown--> "color:brown"><!--/ ><!--sizeo:7--> "font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Saturdays: League of D'ni Gentlemen Explorers. Meetings occur on various shards at various times. Please see the schedule posted on Tapestry Forum:
<a href="http://forum.urutapestry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1648" target="_blank">http://forum.urutapestry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1648</a><!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Version: IC
Rewritten and Updated 2005 December 26
Updated December 29
Corrections and additions Dec 30... and again, with added data and typos fixed
Dec 31: corrected time for "Threads of D'ni"
2006 January 6: redesigned, events added, corrections
January 11: added events
January 12: added event

Last edited by Lord Chaos on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:23 am 
TCT Member

<!--QuoteBegin-Lord Chaos+Jan 6 2006, 09:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lord Chaos @ Jan 6 2006, 09:34 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Because the Cavern Today broadcasts reach so many people, I'm posting this full list here, and I'll keep it up to date as I get info. Eventually I'd like to quit posting it everywhere, and just maintain it here. Seems like the Short Wave is the way to go.

===========

Time and place to be determined: League of D'ni Gentleman Explorers (LODGE) in formative restart stage
Version: IC
Rewritten and Updated 2005 December 26
Updated December 29
Corrections and additions Dec 30... and again, with added data and typos fixed
Dec 31: corrected time for "Threads of D'ni"
2006 January 6: redesigned, events added, corrections
<div align='right'><a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3425"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

btw: did I tell you how happy we are to have you become a forum member, and I wanted to let you know I am always reading your posts on the forums, especially over at UO (that is when i have time to read them), and its always interesting when I do. You know that is how I met Mowog and its been a great collaboration ever since. I met him on the Myst Worlds forum and I left a post where he could readily see it [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] and the next thing you know he was hooked in and booked in --get it? [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] well, as they will tell you around here - I am very a cheesy and corny person----Steve is very wary of cheese and corny and so it makes for a wild, but excellent collaboration also. [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Never a dull moment around here. Not ever-never.
[img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]

Last edited by Ruby ODegee on Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:45 am 
Producers

Uru Live KI: 174162
Title: The Last Earbender
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You know that is how I met Mowog and its been a great collaboration ever since.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"A match made in Bevin," you might say.

[img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Mowog

Last edited by Mowog on Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:56 am 
TCT Member

<!--QuoteBegin-Mowog+Jan 6 2006, 11:45 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mowog @ Jan 6 2006, 11:45 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->"A match made in Bevin," you might say.

Mowog
<div align='right'><a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3429"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

hee hee [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] I think [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/img] [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img]

Last edited by Ruby ODegee on Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:01 pm 
TCT Member

After last night's dismal Happy Hour, I'm glad to find some silly and enthusiastic people. It takes more than nuts and bolts to make a world. Silliness is good grease. Two people left in a huff last night because three of us got silly.

Enthusiasm seems in short supply... most of the time I feel as if I'm swimming upstream. Thanks for your encouragement!

My dirty secret, perhaps unforgivable here: I haven't listened to the podcasts. I'm not a radio kind of guy. Never got into the habit.

UO was a more interesting place, I think, before the big blow-up last summer. Now it's a good place to find answers to game questions, but far fewer philosophic discussions. I don't participate there as much as I used to, but I do scan the new posts daily to see what comes up.

Thanks for the welcome.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:05 pm 
TCT Member

[img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img] I was on Tapestry last night...made a stop in the UO hood for Anthony's Birthday party...it was taking a LONG time for SuperGram to get in there due to crashes and/or power outages, so I headed for the Pub only to end up with the "yellow screen of death" which as you know is a bummer. Then I tried four more times just to get past fetching player...it was a NO GO!! So, I gave up. It could be that this was the experience of a number of people? I'm not sure exactly what made Pub Night so dismal (lack of explorers?) but this might have had something to do with it.

Looking forward to seeing you tonight LC over on The Great Tree Shard for Up on the Roof!

I'm almost finished hauling all my supplies from Slackers Shard over to The Great Tree Shard! This should be "loads" of fun tonight!!! :)

Proud Member of Safety First 243

<!--sizeo:1--> "font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><! :red--> "color:red"><!--/ >Unless otherwise stated, opinions expressed are my own and do not relect the opinion of any organization of which I am a member.<!--sizec--> <!--/sizec--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:50 pm 
TCT Member

A lot of people had link trouble on Tap last night... it took me a long time to get in. Could have had something to do with the lack of pie we had... I was rationing it out.

And those "Dunnie" burgers tonight... my stomach will never be the same! Sure do taste good, though. Do you think we might want to try a "Dunnie" Light? say... two pounds? I'll bet it was work hauling all that stuff in, but people did appreciate it. We had a good crowd, and lots of fun. Thanks for your help!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:28 am 
TCT Member

Please note that I've updated the event list today. Added LODGE and the Myst Discussion Night.

That's all the events I know about. If you know of something happening regularly, please let me know so I can add it here.

Also... is it OK if, rather than updating this list on 15 forums, I provide a link from them to here?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:16 am 
TCT Member

<!--QuoteBegin-Lord Chaos+Jan 11 2006, 07:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lord Chaos @ Jan 11 2006, 07:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Please note that I've updated the event list today. Added LODGE and the Myst Discussion Night.

That's all the events I know about. If you know of something happening regularly, please let me know so I can add it here.

Also... is it OK if, rather than updating this list on 15 forums, I provide a link from them to here?
<div align='right'><a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3685"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi all - just thought I'd quickly run by and mention that the Meeting Place shard has a weekly gathering each Sunday at 8pm GMT / UTC. There's no specific theme, generally we'll go off and do something though in a given age. Varies from week to week!

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:49 am 
TCT Member

Thanks for the note, Gav. I've updated the list.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:07 am 
TCT Member

Shorah Lord Chaos, for what its worth, I think your Question/suggestion<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also... is it OK if, rather than updating this list on 15 forums, I provide a link from them to here?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->is a fantastic idea, not only is it practical but anything that gets more people onto and using this sight, is a winner in my book.[img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:45 am 
TCT Member

<!--QuoteBegin-gav+Jan 12 2006, 06:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gav @ Jan 12 2006, 06:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi all - just thought I'd quickly run by and mention that the Meeting Place shard has a weekly gathering each Sunday at 8pm GMT / UTC. There's no specific theme, generally we'll go off and do something though in a given age. Varies from week to week!
<div align='right'><a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3693"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yipeee, you managed to come into the office - I/O. Thanks and come around more often OK? [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] We miss you and wanna know what you've been up to. :)

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]