It is currently Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:53 am 
TCT Member

I just wanted to know what the Cavern today is, what are Podcasts? do U download it onto an Ipod or something? and what are the Podcasts about?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:32 am 
Producers

Uru Live KI: 174162
Title: The Last Earbender
Hi, Justin! And let me be the first to wish you a warm welcome to the TCT website.

The Cavern Today is a podcast, or online radio show, based on the Myst adventure game series, in particular, Uru. We're a collaboration of various talents from around the world, and only a few of us have actually met in real life. But we get together to produce our monthly - or bimonthly - program, which includes dramatic plays, comedy bits, news, weather, technical info, commentaries, interviews with various VIPs, you name it, all related in some way to Uru or the other games from Cyan Worlds.

You can get the programs in a couple of ways... first, you can simply download them by clicking any of the "Podcast XX" links that run down the left side of our home page. Each link will take you to a page with a download link to that particular program. You can also set up an RSS feed using iTunes, but personally I've always just downloaded the podcasts directly. I don't own any kind of MP3 player myself, so I listen to the finished programs on my PC. I've also transferred most of them to CD so I can play them in the car, or wherever.

The length of our podcasts varies widely. They've been as short as 40 minutes, or as long as 140. It all depends on how much content we can generate for that particular show. We love to do interviews, and 'casts with interviews are generally the long ones. We've spoken with several of the folks at Cyan Worlds, up to and including founder and CEO Rand Miller. We've talked to Rand three times, actually, and four or five other Cyanists have also been our guests.

We like to feature musical offerings by various performers in the Uru community, and we've seen some pretty impressive talent!

That's about it... browse our site, and you should get a pretty good idea what we're all about.

See you later!

Mowog

Last edited by Mowog on Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:27 pm 
TCT Member

ok, well I don't reely like Downloading (and when I tru=ied downloading the podcasts nothing happened) so is there ANY way I can listen to it on Media player or quicktime ore something else?

Last edited by Justintime9 on Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:43 pm 
Former Staff

Hey Justin - we're working hard to have our new website ready and that'll offer MUCH better ways to download, play, or itunes our podcasts :)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:02 pm 
TCT Member

Uru Live KI: 113405
Whether you listen to it through a media player, have it streamed from iTunes, or just plain right-click and "Save as...", you won't be able to listen to them without downloading them (with streaming it's downloaded into your temporary files). If you have trouble getting them, just tell us what kind of trouble it is and we'll be happy to help you through!

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]