It is currently Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:11 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:35 am 
TCT Member

Ok... I reely want to listen to the Cavern Today But, it requires Downloading... now I reely don't like to Download stuff iven if it's seemingly harmless. is there ANY WAY that I can just play it on Quicktime or Media player? if not, can U pleese try to find some way from now on?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:53 am 
Website Staff

Uru Live KI: 0
Title: TCT Member
maybe you don't know it, but even if you listen to it via quicktime or media player you download it to temporary files and it stays there for quite soem time. Every time you open a webpage you download it to your HD and the temporary files stay there til you ask to delete them. So it doesn't really matter whether you lsuten to it in quicktime or just downlaod it, it's the same thing.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:30 am 
TCT Member

so... there's no threat?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:07 am 
Website Staff

Uru Live KI: 0
Title: TCT Member
no, for as far as I know viruses can't spread through .mp3 files and I can tell you, we have lots of fans who listen to our podcast without any problems. I listen to them myself as I only do some basic webdesign stuff for TCT and I really enjoy the podcasts a lot.

And if you still don't trust it I'll scan all podcasts I have on this computer with F-secure and send the reports to you. (F-secure is one of the best security suites in the world so you can trust those reports for 100%)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:10 pm 
TCT Member

ok, thx [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:36 pm 
TCT Member

Bert_2 wrote:
no, for as far as I know viruses can't spread through .mp3 files and I can tell you, we have lots of fans who listen to our podcast without any problems.

Well, things like Trojans and Keyloggers come in like that.

But I've downloaded all the TCT episodes with no ill effects.

If there were keyloggers or trojans, we would know by now.

It's much safer to download through a download manager than a cache. If you want to clear your cache and get rid of files there, go to your tools--->options and you should find something there (for both IE and Firefox)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:09 am 
TCT Member

Uru Live KI: 113405
I would only be worried if you tried to download the mp3 podcasts and your computer was trying to save say a .exe file. That would mean that someone is either trying to piggy-back a virus through the file or someone has hacked our database.

We wouldn't be making podcasts very long if people got viruses from us. But if you at any time think something fishy is going on, let one of the Admins know. If we haven't already caught it we'll definitely see what the problem is. As lego_addict said, if someone was trying to send viruses through our Podcasts, it wouldnt' be long before we found out.

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]