It is currently Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:29 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Whilyam article about GoMe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:34 am 
TCT Member

Uru Live KI: 40217
Whilyam has just posted a review of his Guilds article, this time he focused on GoMe.
I'm posting here because that article doesn't really have to do with GoMe but with the affiliates, so I thought you should be interested to join the discussion:
http://www.guildofmessengers.com/it/for ... ew-whilyam

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Whilyam article about GoMe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:55 pm 
Site Admin

Uru Live KI: 171075
Title: 2020 Camaro SS 455 horsepower - enough to pull YOUR wagon!
Just saw your post. Bert brought it to my attention. Previous responses to your posting on our forums have been very measured because they haven't come from me. I'm a MEAN MEAN person, and don't you forget it!

On that note, we may be ending our 'affiliate' status with GoMe. We'll see where the discussion goes. As you might imagine, I and my fellow TCT staffers have not reacted well to being questioned so unceremoniously. To be honest, the GoMe might be made up of long-standing URU fans, but compared to TCT, it's just a 'Johnny come lately.'

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Whilyam article about GoMe
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:57 pm 
TCT Member

Uru Live KI: 40217
I don't really understand why you should get upset. I don't see anyone attacking you or something, it's just discussion, even more calm and educated than many discussions I have seen lately on this kind of arguments. The GoMa forum is full of that. :? It's just you attacking us for something I really don't understand, we are not questioning TCT about what you do, it's just about collaboration and understanding the nature of a link that exists between us. I'm sure no one wants to question your work, because many of us like you publications.

I don't either see why you should have reacted badly to my other thread, I tried to use the most delicate and relaxed tone because I didn't want to offend you by making it seem as if TCT was a property of the Guild and we were demanding something from you or something like that. I just wanted to know what is the current meaning of being a GoMe affiliate and we opened our doors to make this all work better. I apologize if you were offended by our words.

GoMe has always tried to be right and educated with you. I don't see any "unceremoniously" in one of our posts, maybe you are refering to Whilyam's words in the article, but remember that he is not a member of the GoMe. He is just writing his opinions on the Guilds and we are discussing them to try to make us better. And since you were directly involved with what was being said I thought it was just right to come here and tell you, in case you don't follow the MOUL forums.
And speaking of "unceremoniously"...I could have taken out the topic in any delicate and relaxed way, but somehow I had to bring it out, I needed a reply for organizing the elections and while I was at it I used the occasion to understand what being an Affiliate means to you. Maybe you would have liked a private discussion between us, but transparency is a thing I always like, I'm sorry for that.

I didn't mean to offend or making you angry and I apologise for that.

P.S.: certain points of the post above may seem to be written with an aggressive tone, but I assure you they were written with the most calm tone in mind.

EDIT: I just saw your post on GoMe forums. Little misunderstanding, I'm glad it is cleared now. :D

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]