It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:56 am 
TCT Member

As of this morning the new name for the message machine, will be CCN ShortWave. It had to be renamed, because we are now using it for mini-casts. The name no longer covered its many uses.

To celebrate the debut, Miles recorded the first psa for the Ladies Garden Club post that essjay put up yesterday, and we have advertised for our posting administator position as a Post script.

We want to congratulate Miles on the recording and his own mix. He is also making a number of changes to the site this weekend, and it's all about being able to communicate more effectively. Funny how much a little ole radio program requires these days to keep up with the big guys - but we are up to it ;)

R.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:18 pm 
TCT Member

I like those mini-casts. They're fun! I think there may be a bug in the 11-8-05 shortwave though, my computer won't paly it and it shuts off my internet too. Is it just me, or are other people having problems with that one?

Anyway, Stellaflora's done a great job with those Halloween party videos in the CCN Shortwave! And I enjoyed the duet between Millicuddy and Ruby O a lot.

<! :#33FF33--> "color:#33FF33"><!--/ ><! :#CC33CC--> "color:#CC33CC"><!--/ >Abandon all sanity, ye who enter here.<!--colorc--> <!--/colorc--><!--colorc--> <!--/colorc-->

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:26 am 
TCT Member

I just wanted to drop in and express my appreciation for the hard work you guys (and gals) do to get the latest news out, even if I've been rather removed from the Cavern of late (many issues there, not the least of which is the shiny PowerMac G5 under my desk ;)). Radio, even in a semi-delayed format like this, is a lot of work.

I do have one bit of feedback, though, which I hope will be taken as a positive suggestion... as much as I like the music that plays during the ShortWave, its volume can be rather distracting, and has occasionally overwhelmed the actual vocal content of the podcast (especially since Alhon has a rather calm voice). Might I suggest perhaps dropping the volume of the music in the background a bit so there's less competition between the two tracks?

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:05 am 
TCT Member

<!--QuoteBegin-Alahmnat+Jan 25 2006, 02:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alahmnat @ Jan 25 2006, 02:26 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I just wanted to drop in and express my appreciation for the hard work you guys (and gals) do to get the latest news out, even if I've been rather removed from the Cavern of late (many issues there, not the least of which is the shiny PowerMac G5 under my desk ;)).  Radio, even in a semi-delayed format like this, is a lot of work.

I do have one bit of feedback, though, which I hope will be taken as a positive suggestion... as much as I like the music that plays during the ShortWave, its volume can be rather distracting, and has occasionally overwhelmed the actual vocal content of the podcast (especially since Alhon has a rather calm voice).  Might I suggest perhaps dropping the volume of the music in the background a bit so there's less competition between the two tracks?
<div align='right'><a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=4421"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thank you Alahmnat. Yes, its sometimes difficult to gauge volume since we are running this program cross player platforms, but our QA department and our wonderful host Alhon are considering ways to handle the volume issue. I want to thank you for coming around - 1)because you are 100th friend/critic, same thing, and 2) you remind us what a responsiblity we have to the community to keep our material fresh, immediate and informative.

Ruby ODegee

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:04 am 
Producers

Uru Live KI: 174162
Title: The Last Earbender
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Might I suggest perhaps dropping the volume of the music in the background a bit so there's less competition between the two tracks?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Alahmnat --

This is a known issue. As Ruby pointed out, sometimes it's a cross-platform thing. Other times, it's just us learning the process. What sounds normal to one person; perhaps because they really like the music, and want to hear it, along with the voice; just doesn't work very well for those who are interested mainly in the voice track.

As mentioned elsewhere, I was guilty of this myself once. I mixed some of my own music behind a narration, and since it was me doing the music, of course I didn't want to fade it down too far. As it turned out, I DID have to fade it most of the way, because giving it any kind of volume at all conflicted with the voice-over. We're finding out that this is a difficult balance to achieve, apparently!

Mowog

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:23 pm 
Website Staff

Uru Live KI: 0
Title: TCT Member
Some parts of the music are to loud.
I had really problems lissening to it too. :S

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:29 pm 
TCT Member

<!--QuoteBegin-Mowog+Jan 25 2006, 12:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mowog @ Jan 25 2006, 12:04 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Alahmnat --

This is a known issue. As Ruby pointed out, sometimes it's a cross-platform thing. Other times, it's just us learning the process. What sounds normal to one person; perhaps because they really like the music, and want to hear it, along with the voice; just doesn't work very well for those who are interested mainly in the voice track.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
No worries :). Having recently started delving deep into multimedia with iLife, I know how much of a learning process it can be sometimes. All the same, I really do appreciate the work you guys do at CCN, so keep it up :).

(And hey, how 'bout that, I am member 100... didn't even notice :))

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]