It is currently Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:19 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:50 pm 
TCT Member

hello guys, i have two things to say...
1. I am sorry for insulting you guys on UU a while back... [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
2. i was wondering if you could would be intrested in mabey doing an intreview with me about my up coming URU movie? It would be greatly apprecated, and i sure do need the publicity...

also, try not to make the background noise in the podcasts so loud i cant hear stuff.. lol

Last edited by the healer on Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:43 pm 
TCT Member

:)
Thanks for sharing your project to us.
I think your movie or game will give a lot of people joy and fun.
You asked if we could do some report on your project.
As The Cavern Today we do reports on everything which has to do with Myst en Uru community.
We like to bring nice things and we know there are a lot of creative people amongst us.
Our policy is to stay with the Myst and Uru related games which are now there.
And as you know the Uru and Myst community is a peacefeull bunch of people who prefer to play the nice games as Myst and Uru.
It is nice to see that people try to make something Uru and Myst related new things, but it is not our goal yet to make a report on these projects.
Also do we not want to report about games that contents violence such as shootergames etc.
Seen your project is a sort of shootergame I do not think this is the right place to present your project.
My advice is to find a forum somewhere that is related to these kind of games and see if you can promote your project there.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:51 pm 
TCT Member

<!--QuoteBegin-Veralun+Jan 25 2006, 10:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Veralun @ Jan 25 2006, 10:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->:)
Thanks for sharing your project to us.
I think your movie or game will give a lot of people joy and fun.
You asked if we could do some report on your project.
As The Cavern Today we do reports on everything which has to do with Myst en Uru community.
We like to bring nice things and we know there are a lot of creative people amongst us.
Our policy is to stay with the Myst and Uru related games which are now there.
And as you know the Uru and Myst community is a peacefeull bunch of people who prefer to play the nice games as Myst and Uru.
It is nice to see that people try to make something Uru and Myst related new things,  but it is not our goal yet to make a report on these projects.
Also do we not want to report about games that contents violence such as shootergames etc.
Seen your project is a sort of shootergame I do not think this is the right place to present your project.
My advice is to find a forum somewhere  that is related to these kind of games and see if you can promote your project there.
<div align='right'><a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=4485"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

well, this is a Nice game, its going to be stricly URU related... starting back when the drc was in the cavern up until right now... no blood and gore, no volicene (expect for later on with the Unseen barho then there some volicence,) strickly uru... and it wont have any weapons because it will be in second person view...

Last edited by the healer on Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:05 pm 
TCT Member

<!--QuoteBegin-the healer+Jan 25 2006, 04:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (the healer @ Jan 25 2006, 04:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->hello guys, i have two things to say...
1. I am sorry for insulting you guys on UU a while back...  [img]http://www.chirpspace.com/tct/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
2. i was wondering if you could would be intrested in mabey doing an intreview with me about my up coming URU movie? It would be greatly apprecated, and i sure do need the publicity...

also, try not to make the background noise in the podcasts so loud i cant hear stuff.. lol
<div align='right'><a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=4480"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Shorah. I don't believe we've met.

I am Ruby ODegee, editorial producer for CCN, and The Cavern Today. I need to let you know I have already filled in storyboard ideas for the next several months. It is our policy to only do interviews related to our editorial themes for any given month. At this point our themes do not include any out of CCN/UU related projects.

We regret to inform you we will not be able to do an interview with you, but we wish you well with your endeavors and hope you continue to enjoy UU related activities and our podcast programs.

Shorah b'shem

Ruby O'Degee

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:09 pm 
TCT Member

<!--QuoteBegin-Ruby ODegee+Jan 25 2006, 11:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ruby ODegee @ Jan 25 2006, 11:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Shorah.  I don't believe we've met.

I am Ruby ODegee, editorial producer for CCN, and The Cavern Today. I need to let you know I have already filled in storyboard ideas for the next several months.  It is our policy to only do interviews related to our editorial themes for any given month.  At this point our themes do not include any out of CCN/UU related projects.

We regret to inform you we will not be able to do an interview with you, but we wish you well with your endeavors and hope you continue to enjoy UU related activities and our podcast programs.

Shorah b'shem

Ruby O'Degee
<div align='right'><a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=4490"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
... (inqoherent babling)... sniff sniff...

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:09 am 
Former Staff

Hello there The Healer,

Miles, CCN Administrator.

I think the work you are doing with DURUM is very impressive. You clearly have a lot of age building talent using the Doom (is it Doom) engine. But unfortunantly, there are a few issues we have with publicising your project:<ol type='1'>[*]Cyan's recent post regarding the fact that Fan-made content should not be released.
Now while you aren't "releasing" your content, CCN publicising content of this nature at this time isn't something we want to do right now. The community is sorta holding its breath at the moment waiting to see what Cyan's up to. And we, as an organisation, do not want to do anything that will detract from the plans they may have.

</li>[*]The Violence issue
The reason Myst was developed way back in the early 90s was to get away from the violence of games such as Wolfenstine and Doom of the day. So regardless of whether you only use the engine to create a non-violence Uru-clone, it still *carries* the voilence tag that Myst has kinda always stood against.

</li>[*]The Cavern Communications Network's position
As an media organisation we are trying to build on the Cyan Uru story and tag on our own avvies to *The Story* just as Cyan always dreamt the people of the Uru Cavern would. That's the IC / story element of our productions.

We also bring news from the cavern. News about Uru events.

Something we dont at this time report on are the fan ages. We have interviewed a few key players in the community that have commented on the PRPBlender Plugins, etc... but as a Show we do not cover the individual Fan-age stories.

Similarly we do not cover the *Hacking Uru* elements of the Cavern.</li></ol>I hope that makes some sense.

Honestly the very best place to recruit people for this project would be at Alcugs and Cobbs forums. There are like minded people there that are possibly more interested in the exciting work you are doing. Unfortunantly, as an organisation that is only 5 months old, we don't yet feel ready to extend ourselves to this element of the community.

In the meantime, we would ofcourse still appreciate your membership on this community forum.

Regards,

Miles

Last edited by Miles on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:33 pm 
TCT Member

about the first reason, i have permission from cyan to do this...

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]